SAT's ruin happiness.
the stress
the expectations
how every question is defining your future
the constant anxiety of running out of sharp pencils
and of course the preparations: PSAT's
Today I took said prepitory (is that a word?) test and let me tell you, it was... interesting.
Though I was pretty much sworn in or something (more like told in a stern voice by the teacher who was instructed by an official piece of paper to speak in a stern voice) to never talk about the test and its content with other students, I've decided to bend the rules and sort-of do it anyway.
At the beginning of the test you have to fill out a lot of crap with your name and address and school yada yada yada. So I get to the ethnicity section and I see all these politically correct ethnicities (godforbid i say "race" because all of mankind is "one race" and if you say "race" then you are a "racist" which sounds a lot like "rapist"): African American, Latino American, Native American, Asian American, the list goes on and on and then there is White. Not Caucasian. Not even White American. Juuuuuust white.
*Assuming incredibly sarcastic tone*
and i for one find that offensive! How dare the PSAT reduce me down to just white?! I'm an American! And a legal one at that! An individual! My people are a great ethnicity, and I for one refuse to take it! It is true that my people did not treat others as equals at one time or another, but that is a thing of the past and we are not all alike. Do you think of us to be so lowly that it is necessary to strip us of our Caucasioness?!
Anyway after a good 2 minutes of uncontrollable laughter in my head, I got to the religion section. The first choice is "prefer not to say" or something that; the last one is "no relgion" or something like that; and inbetween is rather large selection of faiths to chose from so naturally I look for mine. Technically, I am an "evangelical free christian".... it wasn't on the list. There was a variety of buddhist, hindu, catholic, baptist, lutheran etc religions. But not evangelical free. Not even just plain christian. Not even a box marked "other"... according to the official list of PSAT religions, the only ones out there are on that list or nonexistent. so what box did i mark? i marked the "prefer not to say" box. you can't list my freakin religion on your freakin list or even give me the option of "other"? Really?
So anyway, this entire predicament kept me pretty entertained for the next 4 hours of testing.
My name is Lauren the Evangelical Free Caucasian-White-American Christian and I approve this message.
No comments:
Post a Comment